IKEA Induction Cooktop Review [Portable]
If you have never used an energy efficient induction cooktop before, you might be interested to take a look at the IKEA Tillreada Induction Cooktop. I really like this IKEA cooktop as they are famous about affordable and durable appliances. The tillreda cooktop can be your first step into the future of kitchen and cooking.
Induction-based cooking is of course the future; it’s much more energy-saving than using a gas cooker or a basic coil stovetop. Right now we want to take a look at one such induction cooktop and see what it can do for you.
But first take a look at the things we liked and disliked about this induction portable cooker. Here is our tillreda IKEA induction cooktop review pros and cons checklist:
- Decent price
- Durable for an induction stove
- Energy efficient
- Heats very fast
- Accurate temperature control panel
- Child lock
- Easy to clean
- Requires compatible cookware
- Requires special cleaning tools/liquids
IKEA Portable Induction Cooktop Review
Today we are here to share review on IKEA Tillreda portable induction cooktop, which is a simple single element induction cooktop. IKEA portable stove is small, portable, powerful, and energy-saving. Ikea induction burner allows you to cook or keep food warm.
Who is This Portable Induction Cooktop For?
The IKEA Tillreada Induction is designed for people who want to cook quick meals in an efficient manner. Induction cooktops are much faster to heat up and more accurate to control than any other cooking method.
There is also the fact that they are power efficient, safe to use, and eco-friendly to boot. Something like the IKEA Tillreada Induction Cooktop is great for anybody who needs a single heating element, something to cook quick meals while also being ideal for small spaces.
When you purchase the IKEA Tillreada Cooktop, you get a small and portable induction cooktop. It weighs 7 pounds with dimensions of 12” x 15” x 2”. It comes with a carrying handle a cord wrap.
Overview of Features
The IKEA Tillreada Cooktop is quite a nifty little induction cooktop, a portable option that comes with many features and even more benefits. Let’s take an in-depth look at the variety of features and benefits that come your way with the IKEA Tillreada Induction Cooktop.
The IKEA portable induction cooktop has a smooth tempered glass surface cooking zone with an integrated touch control panel so that cleaning will be effortless. Also, the touch-control panel is very simple to use and access as well it includes a child lock too.
It also includes digital control panel with built-in timers and adjustable power level or the option to set the specific temperature.
There is a pause button that allows you to stop the cooking process if you are interrupted and then again resume at the same temperature. Whenever you use the pause button, the cooking zone will automatically be switched to the “keep warm” option.
Induction Plate IKEA is Safe and Mess-Free
One of the biggest and best features that you get with the IKEA Tillreada Induction is that it is very safe to use. Induction cooktops themselves do not actually get hot. Induction-based cooking works by using a magnetic field with a ferromagnetic pan to create electric resistance, which then ends up heating the cookware.
The big advantage with the IKEA Tillreada Induction Cooktop is that it does not get hot, and is therefore much safer than something like a gas or coil cooktop. Induction Plate IKEA never actually gets hot, so there is no risk of burning yourself or setting anything on fire.
On that same note, this also comes in handy for cleaning. When you spill something on a normal cooktop, that food and liquid gets hot, it burns, it sticks, and it gets caked on, thus makes it easy to clean. However, with an induction cooker like this IKEA Tillreada Cooktop, since it does not get hot, anything you spill on it is not going to stick and burn. IKEA Induction Cooker is just much easier to deal with.
Powerful, Fast, and Energy-Efficient
Worth mentioning in this ikea induction hob review, is the power and energy-saving metrics. What is also worth noting about the IKEA Tillreada Induction Portable Cooktop is that while it may be quite small, it is also still quite powerful.
Put a liter of water in a pot and turn up the temperature, and you will see that the liter of water boils in a couple of minutes. Simply put, induction cooking is much faster than any other cooking method. It also has option to switch between power levels. Also, the cooking zone adapts automatically to the size of the bottom of the cookware.
Furthermore, not only do induction cookers work much faster, but they are also much more energy-conscious than any other kind of heat source. Something like this IKEA Tillreada Portable Induction Cooktop uses more than 90% of the energy generated for cooking, whereas your average gas or coil cooktop can waste well over half the heat and energy it generates.
At the end of the day, this makes the IKEA Induction stove top very power-efficient and thus cost effective.
Portable and Space Saving
One of the really great aspects of the IKEA Tillreada Induction Stove is how portable it is. Make no mistake — this is not a full size kitchen range. It is a small and portable single burner induction stove, otherwise known as an induction plate; it has only a single induction plate for a single pot or pan, which is of course not great for cooking large meals with several components. It’s a perfect option for smaller kitchens or it’s the best option whenever you need an additional cooking zone.
However, the big advantage is that it is easy to carry. It weighs only 7 pounds, which might sound heavy, but for a high-quality induction cooker, it is actually very lightweight. Moreover, it comes in a compact package.
It is very convenient in this sense, especially because it also features a cord wrapper and a carrying handle, which makes it easy to carry when you need a quick heat source outside of your home.
This small and convenient package is also great for small kitchens and small spaces. It’s a good option to go with if you need a heat source for cooking for your boat, RV, camper, or just for a very small apartment.
That said, in terms of space, the IKEA Tillreada Induction is still more than large enough to accommodate a full size pot or frying pan, so you can easily boil a full gallon of water or make a nice dinner of fried chicken with ease.
Durability and Stability
Induction cooktops are not always known for their durability because that ceramic glass surface top is quite easy to scratch, which generally means that great care must be taken to not scrape or scratch them.
However, the IKEA Tillreada Induction is made with scratch-resistant materials; it can still be damaged, but it is more durable and resistant to damage than many other induction cooktops.
On that same note, something that does stand out about the IKEA Tillreada Induction Cooktop is how it comes with rubber feet. These rubber feet help to provide you with a very stable cooking platform for safety.
Induction Cooking Tutorial
Something that you do need to know about the IKEA Tillreada Induction, just like with all other induction cooktops, is that only specific pots and pans work on them. To be clear, your cookware must be ferromagnetic, which means that it conducts electricity. You can use anything that contains iron, including stainless steel or cast iron.
Any pots or pans that are not ferromagnetic will not work with induction cooktops. Below we have a video which explains how to use ikea induction cooktop in great detail. We have also included a video which explains how to clean induction cooktops such as this IKEA Tillreada Induction.
In case the IKEA Tillreada Induction is not quite your style, maybe because it only has a single heating element, you might want to check out something larger with more elements, something like the K&H 2 Burner 12″ Built-in Induction Electric Stove Ceramic Cooktop, which has 2 burners.
The bottom line is that the IKEA Tillreada Induction Cooktop is a small and portable, fairly durable, fast-heating, and energy-efficient. For an induction cooktop, it does not even cost that much either.
- 18 POWER LEVELS: Quickly choose your desired power from 100W to 1800W in 100W increments(long press for 300W); 1800W power to meet your various cooking needs; simmer, deep fry, boil, sauté, sear, steam, slow cook and grill with ease.
- 17 PRESET TEMPERATURE LEVELS: Adjustable temperature ranging from 140°F (60°C) to 460°F (238°C); can be set in 20°F increments(long press for 60°F); sensitive large touch buttons for enhanced usability.
- WIDE APPLICATIONS & PORTABLE: The cooktop surface measures a diameter of 6.7in (17cm) to fit frying pans with a diameter of 3.9-8.6in (10-22cm); ensures a large and uniform heated area; compact and lightweight with a thickness of just 2.3in (6cm) for easy transport and storage; suitable for areas with limited space use.
- LONG 3-HOUR TIMER & SAFETY LOCK: Press “+” or “-” button to set the timer in 1-minute increments (long press for 10 min ; overheating protection, child lock and rounded edges for ultimate safety.
- WEAR RESISTANCE & EASY MAINTENANCE: Premium glass surface ensures excellent wear resistance and easy cleaning after use.
- 【PORTABLE INDUCTION BURNER】Duxtop induction cooktop uses 110/120V 15 amp electrical outlet–standard in all North American homes. ETL listed and built to North American electrical standards. It is lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage. Portable induction burner is perfect for kitchen, dorm, RV, boats, and etc.
- 【HIGH ENERGY EFFICIENCY】 Choose from 20 preset power levels (100W to 1800W) and 20 preset temperature level settings (100°F to 460°F). With an 83% energy efficiency, induction burner is more efficient than traditional gas or electric stoves. Duxtop portable cooktop is perfect for bringing water to a boil quickly and for all of your cooking needs.
- 【DIGITAL LCD SENSOR】Touch control panel: child safety lock keeps the cooking and timer settings from being accidentally changed once they have been set; fast boil button; keep warm button (for 1-30 minutes at 140°F); up to 10-hour timer button.
- 【COMPATIBLE WITH MAGNETIC COOKWARE】 In order to use this and any other induction stove, you need to use cookware with a magnetic bottom. The auto-pan detection will shut the unit off automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware, or the incorrect cookware is detected. Compatible with induction cookware having a diameter of at least 5 inches, which ensures a large and uniform heated area.
- 【WARRANTY】Although induction itself is a noiseless process, there may be high pitched sounds from the cookware due to multiple layers of metals sandwiched together. Please allow the induction cooker to cool down before cleaning. 2-year manufacturer’s warranty, as well as customer service.
- PORTABLE INDUCTION BURNER Duxtop induction cooktop uses 120V 15 amp electrical outlet–standard in all North American homes. ETL listed and built to North American electrical standards. Lightweight, portable induction cooktop makes handling and storage easy. Perfect for dorm rooms, home kitchens, backyard cooking, RVs, boats, etc.
- HIGH EFFICIENCY Choose from 15 preset power levels 200W to 1800W and 15 preset temperature level settings 140 F to 460 F. With an 83 percentage energy efficiency rating, induction cooker is more efficient than traditional gas or electric stoves yet provides quick heat-up and faster cooking times
- EASY TO CLEAN & VIEW With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn on the oversized glass cooktop, making the induction burner easy to clean just wipe with a damp towel. The angle control panel with a large display screen, providing easy viewing, even from a distance.
- REQUIRES INDUCTION READY COOKWARE Induction stoves rely on cookware to heat, so it’s essential to choose magnetic bottom cookware with a minimum diameter of 5 inches. The auto-pan detection will shut the unit off automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware, or the incorrect cookware is detected.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED Please allow the induction hot plate to cool down before cleaning. If you have any questions with our product, please feel free to contact our customer service.
- Duxtop Induction Cooktop uses 120V 15 amp electrical outlet - standard in all North American homes; lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage.
- Digital control panel. Built-in count-down digital timer with 1 minute increments up to 170 minutes; 10 temperature range from 140 °F to 460 °F; 10 power levels from 200 to 1800 Watts.
- With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn-on the glass cooktop so this induction burner is easy to clean—just wipe with a damp towel. Durable 7-blade fan rapidly dissipates heat to ensure a longer product life.
- The auto-pan detection will shut the unit automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware is detected; equipped with diagnostic error message system, low and high voltage warning system; ETL approved.
- Note: In order to use this and any other induction stove, you need to use cookware with a magnetic bottom, whose diameter is at least 5 inches. 2-year manufacturer's warranty, as well as customer service.
- 𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐈𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇 𝐏𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐎𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐂𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐓𝐎𝐏:1800w quick heating double induction cooktop is faster than a standard electric burner. Boiling water in 1 minute under "BOOSTER" mode. Compared with the traditional dual induction cooker, it has a higher heat conduction effect, which meets your various cooking needs, such as steaming, boiling, fried, frying, slow stewing.
- 𝐒𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐓𝐘 𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑: Child safety lock ensures safety when not in use. The induction cooktop will return to standby mode after 30 seconds if not selecting any function. If the surface temperature is higher than 60 ℃, the LED will display “H” after the machine shuts down to prevent touch burning. It stops functioning and exhibiting relevant codes on the display screen when experiences unsuitable operations.
- 𝐌𝐔𝐋𝐓𝐈-𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄/𝐏𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒: 10 temperature levels(adjustable temperature range is 140 °F to 464 °F), 9 power levels, quickly choose your desired power from 200W to 1800W in 200W increments. Sensitive touch buttons ensure convenience to use, set the time of your induction cooker ranging from 1 minute to 4 hours to ensure fine cooking and result.
- 𝐖𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍: The induction cooker is compatible with induction cooking utensils ranging from 5 inches to 8 inches(Heated area 8.26 inches in diameter), such as stainless steel, cast aluminum, cast iron, or enameled iron. The surface of the induction cooker is high-quality smooth glass, which can be easily cleaned with a damp cloth.
- 𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍: Measures 23.23 x 15.2 x 2.52 in. Weighs only pounds. The induction cooker is compact and light, easy to install and carry, which is a great choice for limited space such as kitchen, recreational vehicle, office, camping. The smooth glass surface is scratch-resistant, waterproof, and highly decorative.