IKEA Induction Cooktop Review [Portable]
If you have never used an energy efficient induction cooktop before, you might be interested to take a look at the IKEA Tillreada Induction Cooktop. I really like this IKEA cooktop as they are famous about affordable and durable appliances. The tillreda cooktop can be your first step into the future of kitchen and cooking.
Induction-based cooking is of course the future; it’s much more energy-saving than using a gas cooker or a basic coil stovetop. Right now we want to take a look at one such induction cooktop and see what it can do for you.
But first take a look at the things we liked and disliked about this induction portable cooker. Here is our tillreda IKEA induction cooktop review pros and cons checklist:
- Decent price
- Durable for an induction stove
- Energy efficient
- Heats very fast
- Accurate temperature control panel
- Child lock
- Easy to clean
- Requires compatible cookware
- Requires special cleaning tools/liquids
IKEA Portable Induction Cooktop Review
Today we are here to share review on IKEA Tillreda portable induction cooktop, which is a simple single element induction cooktop. IKEA portable stove is small, portable, powerful, and energy-saving. Ikea induction burner allows you to cook or keep food warm.
Who is This Portable Induction Cooktop For?
The IKEA Tillreada Induction is designed for people who want to cook quick meals in an efficient manner. Induction cooktops are much faster to heat up and more accurate to control than any other cooking method.
There is also the fact that they are power efficient, safe to use, and eco-friendly to boot. Something like the IKEA Tillreada Induction Cooktop is great for anybody who needs a single heating element, something to cook quick meals while also being ideal for small spaces.
When you purchase the IKEA Tillreada Cooktop, you get a small and portable induction cooktop. It weighs 7 pounds with dimensions of 12” x 15” x 2”. It comes with a carrying handle a cord wrap.
Overview of Features
The IKEA Tillreada Cooktop is quite a nifty little induction cooktop, a portable option that comes with many features and even more benefits. Let’s take an in-depth look at the variety of features and benefits that come your way with the IKEA Tillreada Induction Cooktop.
The IKEA portable induction cooktop has a smooth tempered glass surface cooking zone with an integrated touch control panel so that cleaning will be effortless. Also, the touch-control panel is very simple to use and access as well it includes a child lock too.
It also includes digital control panel with built-in timers and adjustable power level or the option to set the specific temperature.
There is a pause button that allows you to stop the cooking process if you are interrupted and then again resume at the same temperature. Whenever you use the pause button, the cooking zone will automatically be switched to the “keep warm” option.
Induction Plate IKEA is Safe and Mess-Free
One of the biggest and best features that you get with the IKEA Tillreada Induction is that it is very safe to use. Induction cooktops themselves do not actually get hot. Induction-based cooking works by using a magnetic field with a ferromagnetic pan to create electric resistance, which then ends up heating the cookware.
The big advantage with the IKEA Tillreada Induction Cooktop is that it does not get hot, and is therefore much safer than something like a gas or coil cooktop. Induction Plate IKEA never actually gets hot, so there is no risk of burning yourself or setting anything on fire.
On that same note, this also comes in handy for cleaning. When you spill something on a normal cooktop, that food and liquid gets hot, it burns, it sticks, and it gets caked on, thus makes it easy to clean. However, with an induction cooker like this IKEA Tillreada Cooktop, since it does not get hot, anything you spill on it is not going to stick and burn. IKEA Induction Cooker is just much easier to deal with.
Powerful, Fast, and Energy-Efficient
Worth mentioning in this ikea induction hob review, is the power and energy-saving metrics. What is also worth noting about the IKEA Tillreada Induction Portable Cooktop is that while it may be quite small, it is also still quite powerful.
Put a liter of water in a pot and turn up the temperature, and you will see that the liter of water boils in a couple of minutes. Simply put, induction cooking is much faster than any other cooking method. It also has option to switch between power levels. Also, the cooking zone adapts automatically to the size of the bottom of the cookware.
Furthermore, not only do induction cookers work much faster, but they are also much more energy-conscious than any other kind of heat source. Something like this IKEA Tillreada Portable Induction Cooktop uses more than 90% of the energy generated for cooking, whereas your average gas or coil cooktop can waste well over half the heat and energy it generates.
At the end of the day, this makes the IKEA Induction stove top very power-efficient and thus cost effective.
Portable and Space Saving
One of the really great aspects of the IKEA Tillreada Induction Stove is how portable it is. Make no mistake — this is not a full size kitchen range. It is a small and portable single burner induction stove, otherwise known as an induction plate; it has only a single induction plate for a single pot or pan, which is of course not great for cooking large meals with several components. It’s a perfect option for smaller kitchens or it’s the best option whenever you need an additional cooking zone.
However, the big advantage is that it is easy to carry. It weighs only 7 pounds, which might sound heavy, but for a high-quality induction cooker, it is actually very lightweight. Moreover, it comes in a compact package.
It is very convenient in this sense, especially because it also features a cord wrapper and a carrying handle, which makes it easy to carry when you need a quick heat source outside of your home.
This small and convenient package is also great for small kitchens and small spaces. It’s a good option to go with if you need a heat source for cooking for your boat, RV, camper, or just for a very small apartment.
That said, in terms of space, the IKEA Tillreada Induction is still more than large enough to accommodate a full size pot or frying pan, so you can easily boil a full gallon of water or make a nice dinner of fried chicken with ease.
Durability and Stability
Induction cooktops are not always known for their durability because that ceramic glass surface top is quite easy to scratch, which generally means that great care must be taken to not scrape or scratch them.
However, the IKEA Tillreada Induction is made with scratch-resistant materials; it can still be damaged, but it is more durable and resistant to damage than many other induction cooktops.
On that same note, something that does stand out about the IKEA Tillreada Induction Cooktop is how it comes with rubber feet. These rubber feet help to provide you with a very stable cooking platform for safety.
Induction Cooking Tutorial
Something that you do need to know about the IKEA Tillreada Induction, just like with all other induction cooktops, is that only specific pots and pans work on them. To be clear, your cookware must be ferromagnetic, which means that it conducts electricity. You can use anything that contains iron, including stainless steel or cast iron.
Any pots or pans that are not ferromagnetic will not work with induction cooktops. Below we have a video which explains how to use ikea induction cooktop in great detail. We have also included a video which explains how to clean induction cooktops such as this IKEA Tillreada Induction.
In case the IKEA Tillreada Induction is not quite your style, maybe because it only has a single heating element, you might want to check out something larger with more elements, something like the K&H 2 Burner 12″ Built-in Induction Electric Stove Ceramic Cooktop, which has 2 burners.
The bottom line is that the IKEA Tillreada Induction Cooktop is a small and portable, fairly durable, fast-heating, and energy-efficient. For an induction cooktop, it does not even cost that much either.
- Duxtop Induction Cooktop uses 120V 15 amp electrical outlet - standard in all North American homes; lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage.
- Digital control panel. Built-in count-down digital timer with 1 minute increments up to 170 minutes; 10 temperature range from 140 °F to 460 °F; 10 power levels from 200 to 1800 Watts.
- With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn-on the glass cooktop so this induction burner is easy to clean—just wipe with a damp towel. Durable 7-blade fan rapidly dissipates heat to ensure a longer product life.
- The auto-pan detection will shut the unit automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware is detected; equipped with diagnostic error message system, low and high voltage warning system; ETL approved.
- Note: In order to use this and any other induction stove, you need to use cookware with a magnetic bottom, whose diameter is at least 5 inches. 2-year manufacturer's warranty, as well as customer service.
- Adjustable temperature control with Off, Warm, Low, Med, and High settings
- 1000 watts of power for faster cooking
- Easy to clean heavy duty cast-iron flat heating plate
- Cool-touch base and non-skid rubber feet for stable cooking
- Power indicator light
- ADVANCED INDUCTION TECHNOLOGY – The 1300-watt NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop (PIC) Flex made with a series of magnetic induction coils located in the cooking surface. These coils generate magnetic fields that produce a warming reaction in steel and iron-based pots and pans, producing heat directly in the cookware and less residual heat in your kitchen.
- PRECISE TEMPERATURE CONTROL – With the NuWave Cooktop, you can sear a gourmet steak at 500°F or keep sauces warm at 100°F, all with the same unit. Best of all, the intuitive digital temperature controls let you adjust the cooking temperature in 10° increments with the press of a button. It features 100 hours of memory that allows you to program your favorite cooking procedures, as well as a Delay function that allows you to initiate cooking when it's most convenient for you.
- PORTABLE COOKING CAPABILITIES – The PIC Flex lets you cook outside the kitchen. With a lightweight, compact design, you can take the PIC virtually anywhere. As long as you have access to an electric outlet, you can cook in your backyard, in the RV, at the campsite and so much more. t even boasts 3 wattage settings of 600, 900 and 1300 watts so you can cook with limited power or with more than one appliance plugged into the same outlet.
- SAFE & EFFICIENT – The PIC Flex generates heat directly in the cookware itself, wasting virtually no energy while cooking your food and saving you money on your energy bill. By using no more than 1300 watts, the PIC conserves up to 90% of the energy wasted by traditional gas or electric stoves. And because the PIC Flex doesn’t cook with any open flames or hot coils, the area around the cooktop remains cool. These safety measures greatly reduce the risk of fires and accidental burns.
- COOK WITHOUT OIL – The PIC Flex also comes with an induction-ready 9-inch Hard Anodized Duralon Fry Pan. Featuring eco-friendly Duralon Healthy Ceramic Non-Stick Coating, this 9-inch fry pan is perfect for virtually any cooking task. This versatile pan is perfect for use on the PIC Flex along with electric and gas stoves.
- HEATS 40% FASTER (than a typical smooth top range or stove when boiling water): Whether you're cooking a family meal or heating soup, you'll enjoy fast heat up and time-saving meal preparation with this induction cooktop.
- Flexible cooking Controls with display: Choose a heat level from 1-10 or cook with an exact temperature in Fahrenheit (180-450) or Celsius (82-232) with this induction cooker.
- ZERO TO BOIL IN 7 MINUTES: You'll enjoy less waiting time every time you boil water for hot beverages or pasta. When boiling 1. 5 quarts of water from room temperature
- Versatile pan sizes: cook with everything from small 4" Diameter Saucepans up to 10" Diameter frying pans and stockpots — it's like having a fifth burner right where you need it.
- Includes induction test magnet: if it sticks to your pan, it's induction-ready cookware.
- 【HIGH EFFICIENCY INDUCTION COOKTOP】 Rotate the knob quickly to select the heating power from 200W to 1800W in 200W increments or 10 preset temperature level from 140F to 464F. Compared with the traditional gas, induction cooker is more efficient that with an 83 percentage energy efficiency rating, can heat-up quickly and cook more faster. 1800W power can satisfy your daily cooking style: deep fry, boil, sear, steam, slow cook and hot pot.
- 【LONG TIMER & OVERHEATING PROTECTION】 Touch the panel slightly to adjust temperature, power, timer, choose the timer function and rotate the knob to select time you prefer. If the heating temperature is overheat, the induction burner will make a sound "beep" and in standby mode.
- 【ENERGY-FRIENDLY INDUCTION COOKER】 The energy is concentrated in the heating position that can avoid to waste the energy. Moreover, our induction cooktop heats up quickly and distributes energy evenly, cooking food 50% faster than traditional gas or electric stoves, which not only saves you time, but also saves energy and money. Meet your daily cooking needs fully, family dinners or courtyard gatherings, let the delicious food is everywhere.
- 【CLEAN THE INDUCTION COOKER EASILY】 120V 15 amp electrical outlet, portable size makes the placement and storage of the induction cooker easy and convenient. Premium glass crystal cooktop with seamless framework, its sleek and not heated surface makes it super easy to clean. Just wipe lightly with a cloth that will be as bright as new.
- 【FASHIONABLE & COMPATIBLE INDUCTION COOKWARE】 Compacted design allows the portable induction cooker to have more space for heating. Induction cooktop surface measures a diameter of 6.7in (17cm) to fit the pots with a diameter of 3.9-10.2in (Suitable for 12-26cm pot) which works with magnetic induction cookware like castiron, iron, steel, and enameled iron cookware.