IKEA Induction Cooktop Review [Portable]
If you have never used an energy efficient induction cooktop before, you might be interested to take a look at the IKEA Tillreada Induction Cooktop. I really like this IKEA cooktop as they are famous about affordable and durable appliances. The tillreda cooktop can be your first step into the future of kitchen and cooking.
Induction-based cooking is of course the future; it’s much more energy-saving than using a gas cooker or a basic coil stovetop. Right now we want to take a look at one such induction cooktop and see what it can do for you.
But first take a look at the things we liked and disliked about this induction portable cooker. Here is our tillreda IKEA induction cooktop review pros and cons checklist:
- Decent price
- Durable for an induction stove
- Energy efficient
- Heats very fast
- Accurate temperature control panel
- Child lock
- Easy to clean
- Requires compatible cookware
- Requires special cleaning tools/liquids
IKEA Portable Induction Cooktop Review
Today we are here to share review on IKEA Tillreda portable induction cooktop, which is a simple single element induction cooktop. IKEA portable stove is small, portable, powerful, and energy-saving. Ikea induction burner allows you to cook or keep food warm.
Who is This Portable Induction Cooktop For?
The IKEA Tillreada Induction is designed for people who want to cook quick meals in an efficient manner. Induction cooktops are much faster to heat up and more accurate to control than any other cooking method.
There is also the fact that they are power efficient, safe to use, and eco-friendly to boot. Something like the IKEA Tillreada Induction Cooktop is great for anybody who needs a single heating element, something to cook quick meals while also being ideal for small spaces.
When you purchase the IKEA Tillreada Cooktop, you get a small and portable induction cooktop. It weighs 7 pounds with dimensions of 12” x 15” x 2”. It comes with a carrying handle a cord wrap.
Overview of Features
The IKEA Tillreada Cooktop is quite a nifty little induction cooktop, a portable option that comes with many features and even more benefits. Let’s take an in-depth look at the variety of features and benefits that come your way with the IKEA Tillreada Induction Cooktop.
The IKEA portable induction cooktop has a smooth tempered glass surface cooking zone with an integrated touch control panel so that cleaning will be effortless. Also, the touch-control panel is very simple to use and access as well it includes a child lock too.
It also includes digital control panel with built-in timers and adjustable power level or the option to set the specific temperature.
There is a pause button that allows you to stop the cooking process if you are interrupted and then again resume at the same temperature. Whenever you use the pause button, the cooking zone will automatically be switched to the “keep warm” option.
Induction Plate IKEA is Safe and Mess-Free
One of the biggest and best features that you get with the IKEA Tillreada Induction is that it is very safe to use. Induction cooktops themselves do not actually get hot. Induction-based cooking works by using a magnetic field with a ferromagnetic pan to create electric resistance, which then ends up heating the cookware.
The big advantage with the IKEA Tillreada Induction Cooktop is that it does not get hot, and is therefore much safer than something like a gas or coil cooktop. Induction Plate IKEA never actually gets hot, so there is no risk of burning yourself or setting anything on fire.
On that same note, this also comes in handy for cleaning. When you spill something on a normal cooktop, that food and liquid gets hot, it burns, it sticks, and it gets caked on, thus makes it easy to clean. However, with an induction cooker like this IKEA Tillreada Cooktop, since it does not get hot, anything you spill on it is not going to stick and burn. IKEA Induction Cooker is just much easier to deal with.
Powerful, Fast, and Energy-Efficient
Worth mentioning in this ikea induction hob review, is the power and energy-saving metrics. What is also worth noting about the IKEA Tillreada Induction Portable Cooktop is that while it may be quite small, it is also still quite powerful.
Put a liter of water in a pot and turn up the temperature, and you will see that the liter of water boils in a couple of minutes. Simply put, induction cooking is much faster than any other cooking method. It also has option to switch between power levels. Also, the cooking zone adapts automatically to the size of the bottom of the cookware.
Furthermore, not only do induction cookers work much faster, but they are also much more energy-conscious than any other kind of heat source. Something like this IKEA Tillreada Portable Induction Cooktop uses more than 90% of the energy generated for cooking, whereas your average gas or coil cooktop can waste well over half the heat and energy it generates.
At the end of the day, this makes the IKEA Induction stove top very power-efficient and thus cost effective.
Portable and Space Saving
One of the really great aspects of the IKEA Tillreada Induction Stove is how portable it is. Make no mistake — this is not a full size kitchen range. It is a small and portable single burner induction stove, otherwise known as an induction plate; it has only a single induction plate for a single pot or pan, which is of course not great for cooking large meals with several components. It’s a perfect option for smaller kitchens or it’s the best option whenever you need an additional cooking zone.
However, the big advantage is that it is easy to carry. It weighs only 7 pounds, which might sound heavy, but for a high-quality induction cooker, it is actually very lightweight. Moreover, it comes in a compact package.
It is very convenient in this sense, especially because it also features a cord wrapper and a carrying handle, which makes it easy to carry when you need a quick heat source outside of your home.
This small and convenient package is also great for small kitchens and small spaces. It’s a good option to go with if you need a heat source for cooking for your boat, RV, camper, or just for a very small apartment.
That said, in terms of space, the IKEA Tillreada Induction is still more than large enough to accommodate a full size pot or frying pan, so you can easily boil a full gallon of water or make a nice dinner of fried chicken with ease.
Durability and Stability
Induction cooktops are not always known for their durability because that ceramic glass surface top is quite easy to scratch, which generally means that great care must be taken to not scrape or scratch them.
However, the IKEA Tillreada Induction is made with scratch-resistant materials; it can still be damaged, but it is more durable and resistant to damage than many other induction cooktops.
On that same note, something that does stand out about the IKEA Tillreada Induction Cooktop is how it comes with rubber feet. These rubber feet help to provide you with a very stable cooking platform for safety.
Induction Cooking Tutorial
Something that you do need to know about the IKEA Tillreada Induction, just like with all other induction cooktops, is that only specific pots and pans work on them. To be clear, your cookware must be ferromagnetic, which means that it conducts electricity. You can use anything that contains iron, including stainless steel or cast iron.
Any pots or pans that are not ferromagnetic will not work with induction cooktops. Below we have a video which explains how to use ikea induction cooktop in great detail. We have also included a video which explains how to clean induction cooktops such as this IKEA Tillreada Induction.
In case the IKEA Tillreada Induction is not quite your style, maybe because it only has a single heating element, you might want to check out something larger with more elements, something like the K&H 2 Burner 12″ Built-in Induction Electric Stove Ceramic Cooktop, which has 2 burners.
The bottom line is that the IKEA Tillreada Induction Cooktop is a small and portable, fairly durable, fast-heating, and energy-efficient. For an induction cooktop, it does not even cost that much either.
- PORTABLE INDUCTION BURNER Duxtop induction cooktop uses 120V 15 amp electrical outlet–standard in all North American homes. ETL listed and built to North American electrical standards. Lightweight, portable induction cooktop makes handling and storage easy. Perfect for dorm rooms, home kitchens, backyard cooking, RVs, boats, etc.
- HIGH EFFICIENCY Choose from 15 preset power levels 200W to 1800W and 15 preset temperature level settings 140 F to 460 F. With an 83 percentage energy efficiency rating, induction cooker is more efficient than traditional gas or electric stoves yet provides quick heat-up and faster cooking times
- EASY TO CLEAN & VIEW With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn on the oversized glass cooktop, making the induction burner easy to clean just wipe with a damp towel. The angle control panel with a large display screen, providing easy viewing, even from a distance.
- REQUIRES INDUCTION READY COOKWARE Induction stoves rely on cookware to heat, so it’s essential to choose magnetic bottom cookware with a minimum diameter of 5 inches. The auto-pan detection will shut the unit off automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware, or the incorrect cookware is detected.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED Please allow the induction hot plate to cool down before cleaning. If you have any questions with our product, please feel free to contact our customer service.
- 【PORTABLE STOVE】This Hermitlux induction cooktop is designed to be portable and easy to handle. It operates on a standard 110/120V 15 amp electrical outlet. Additionally, it is ETL listed and built to North American electrical standards. This hot plate is a great addition to any kitchen and is compact enough for convenient storage.
- 【HEATS UP QUICKLY】Hermitlux portable induction cooktop is more efficient than traditional gas stoves. With the "MAX" button, the electric stove quickly rises to maximum power and will boil 1.5 liters of water in 6 minutes.
- 【EASY TO USE】Hermitlux induction burner has an LED touch panel for responsive operation. Effortless power setting replaces complicated functions, which is easy to use and understand.
- 【MULTI-FUNCTIONAL】The electric burner provides 9 power levels to meet your different cooking needs, and the 180 mins timer setting is convenient for food that needs to be cooked for a long time, saving your time and making cooking easier.
- 【SAFETY FEATURE】Consider safety in mind; these electric stove burners with a child lock, residual heat reminder, and stop & go function. High-quality heat-resistant plastic keeps it from producing unpleasant smells when cooking.
- 51 PRE-PROGRAMMED TEMPS - Select from the 6 convenient preset temperature settings or fine tune your own temperature from 100°F to 575°F in 10°F increments. You can also add or deduct cooking time at any time.
- SHATTER-PROOF CERAMIC GLASS – There are no open flames or hot coils that can cause burns. Unlike the competition, Gold’s heating surface is heavy-duty shatter-proof ceramic glass, which was rigorously tested to withstand intense heat without shattering. It is one of the safest cooktops in the market.
- MAKE ADJUSTMENTS ON-THE-FLY – Want hotter temperature or need to cook it longer? No problem. Simply adjust on-the-fly any time. Starting the cooking process over is not necessary. Gold induction cooktop’s intuitive digital controls are easy to operate, and the response is immediate.
- PRECISE TEMPERATURE CONTROL – With 51 precise temperatures at your fingertips, you can keep delicate sauces warm at 100°F to grilling a juicy steak with serious grill marks at 575°F. NUWAVE Induction Cooktops are the first induction cooktops to revolutionize the industry by introducing precision temperatures to induction cooking.
- SAFETY BUILT-IN – Even if you forget, Gold will shut off automatically when the set cook time is completed. When there is no cookware on the cooktop, Gold will not start. There are no hot coils or open flames reducing the risk of burns.
- 【Precise Temperature Control】Unlike traditional induction cooker with the temp sensor located underneath, our induction burner has an exposed temp sensor to directly touch the cookware bottom and tells a more accurate temperature. With 24 temperature levels and each at 15℉ interval, this induction cooktop can easily meet various cooking tasks.
- 【Worry-Free Smart Induction Cooker】Other than 7 power and 24 temp levels, our induction stove features 3 preset cooking modes including Soup, Slow Cook and Keep Warm. They are fully intelligent and auto adjusting, feel free to walk away and let this smart induction hot plate get your meal well done.
- 【Hidden Panel Drawer】Our small electric burner is uniquely designed with a lcd touch panel drawer, which can easily pull in and out. It is the most compact and lightweight portable induction cooktop you’ve ever seen, perfect for small places, cooking outdoors, travelling, and used as extra electric stove for small or busy kitchens.
- 【Dual Timers & Safety Guarantee】This mini hot plate offers 2 timers, regular timer for timing your cooking process, and countdown timer for the cooker to auto shut off when preset timer ends. Also the electric hot plate is programmed with no cookware detection and overheat protection because we know safety comes first.
- 【Fast＆Even Heating】Sunfuny small induction cooktop is compatible with magnetic cookware within 4.7-10.3 inch bottom diameter, which can evenly and quickly heat up thanks to the 7.7inch large heating coil. We provide an 1-year warranty for this induction countertop burner, email us for any enquiry or warranty claim.