IKEA Induction Cooktop Review [Portable]
If you have never used an energy efficient induction cooktop before, you might be interested to take a look at the IKEA Tillreada Induction Cooktop. I really like this IKEA cooktop as they are famous about affordable and durable appliances. The tillreda cooktop can be your first step into the future of kitchen and cooking.
Induction-based cooking is of course the future; it’s much more energy-saving than using a gas cooker or a basic coil stovetop. Right now we want to take a look at one such induction cooktop and see what it can do for you.
But first take a look at the things we liked and disliked about this induction portable cooker. Here is our tillreda IKEA induction cooktop review pros and cons checklist:
- Decent price
- Durable for an induction stove
- Energy efficient
- Heats very fast
- Accurate temperature control panel
- Child lock
- Easy to clean
- Requires compatible cookware
- Requires special cleaning tools/liquids
IKEA Portable Induction Cooktop Review
Today we are here to share review on IKEA Tillreda portable induction cooktop, which is a simple single element induction cooktop. IKEA portable stove is small, portable, powerful, and energy-saving. Ikea induction burner allows you to cook or keep food warm.
Who is This Portable Induction Cooktop For?
The IKEA Tillreada Induction is designed for people who want to cook quick meals in an efficient manner. Induction cooktops are much faster to heat up and more accurate to control than any other cooking method.
There is also the fact that they are power efficient, safe to use, and eco-friendly to boot. Something like the IKEA Tillreada Induction Cooktop is great for anybody who needs a single heating element, something to cook quick meals while also being ideal for small spaces.
When you purchase the IKEA Tillreada Cooktop, you get a small and portable induction cooktop. It weighs 7 pounds with dimensions of 12” x 15” x 2”. It comes with a carrying handle a cord wrap.
Overview of Features
The IKEA Tillreada Cooktop is quite a nifty little induction cooktop, a portable option that comes with many features and even more benefits. Let’s take an in-depth look at the variety of features and benefits that come your way with the IKEA Tillreada Induction Cooktop.
The IKEA portable induction cooktop has a smooth tempered glass surface cooking zone with an integrated touch control panel so that cleaning will be effortless. Also, the touch-control panel is very simple to use and access as well it includes a child lock too.
It also includes digital control panel with built-in timers and adjustable power level or the option to set the specific temperature.
There is a pause button that allows you to stop the cooking process if you are interrupted and then again resume at the same temperature. Whenever you use the pause button, the cooking zone will automatically be switched to the “keep warm” option.
Induction Plate IKEA is Safe and Mess-Free
One of the biggest and best features that you get with the IKEA Tillreada Induction is that it is very safe to use. Induction cooktops themselves do not actually get hot. Induction-based cooking works by using a magnetic field with a ferromagnetic pan to create electric resistance, which then ends up heating the cookware.
The big advantage with the IKEA Tillreada Induction Cooktop is that it does not get hot, and is therefore much safer than something like a gas or coil cooktop. Induction Plate IKEA never actually gets hot, so there is no risk of burning yourself or setting anything on fire.
On that same note, this also comes in handy for cleaning. When you spill something on a normal cooktop, that food and liquid gets hot, it burns, it sticks, and it gets caked on, thus makes it easy to clean. However, with an induction cooker like this IKEA Tillreada Cooktop, since it does not get hot, anything you spill on it is not going to stick and burn. IKEA Induction Cooker is just much easier to deal with.
Powerful, Fast, and Energy-Efficient
Worth mentioning in this ikea induction hob review, is the power and energy-saving metrics. What is also worth noting about the IKEA Tillreada Induction Portable Cooktop is that while it may be quite small, it is also still quite powerful.
Put a liter of water in a pot and turn up the temperature, and you will see that the liter of water boils in a couple of minutes. Simply put, induction cooking is much faster than any other cooking method. It also has option to switch between power levels. Also, the cooking zone adapts automatically to the size of the bottom of the cookware.
Furthermore, not only do induction cookers work much faster, but they are also much more energy-conscious than any other kind of heat source. Something like this IKEA Tillreada Portable Induction Cooktop uses more than 90% of the energy generated for cooking, whereas your average gas or coil cooktop can waste well over half the heat and energy it generates.
At the end of the day, this makes the IKEA Induction stove top very power-efficient and thus cost effective.
Portable and Space Saving
One of the really great aspects of the IKEA Tillreada Induction Stove is how portable it is. Make no mistake — this is not a full size kitchen range. It is a small and portable single burner induction stove, otherwise known as an induction plate; it has only a single induction plate for a single pot or pan, which is of course not great for cooking large meals with several components. It’s a perfect option for smaller kitchens or it’s the best option whenever you need an additional cooking zone.
However, the big advantage is that it is easy to carry. It weighs only 7 pounds, which might sound heavy, but for a high-quality induction cooker, it is actually very lightweight. Moreover, it comes in a compact package.
It is very convenient in this sense, especially because it also features a cord wrapper and a carrying handle, which makes it easy to carry when you need a quick heat source outside of your home.
This small and convenient package is also great for small kitchens and small spaces. It’s a good option to go with if you need a heat source for cooking for your boat, RV, camper, or just for a very small apartment.
That said, in terms of space, the IKEA Tillreada Induction is still more than large enough to accommodate a full size pot or frying pan, so you can easily boil a full gallon of water or make a nice dinner of fried chicken with ease.
Durability and Stability
Induction cooktops are not always known for their durability because that ceramic glass surface top is quite easy to scratch, which generally means that great care must be taken to not scrape or scratch them.
However, the IKEA Tillreada Induction is made with scratch-resistant materials; it can still be damaged, but it is more durable and resistant to damage than many other induction cooktops.
On that same note, something that does stand out about the IKEA Tillreada Induction Cooktop is how it comes with rubber feet. These rubber feet help to provide you with a very stable cooking platform for safety.
Induction Cooking Tutorial
Something that you do need to know about the IKEA Tillreada Induction, just like with all other induction cooktops, is that only specific pots and pans work on them. To be clear, your cookware must be ferromagnetic, which means that it conducts electricity. You can use anything that contains iron, including stainless steel or cast iron.
Any pots or pans that are not ferromagnetic will not work with induction cooktops. Below we have a video which explains how to use ikea induction cooktop in great detail. We have also included a video which explains how to clean induction cooktops such as this IKEA Tillreada Induction.
In case the IKEA Tillreada Induction is not quite your style, maybe because it only has a single heating element, you might want to check out something larger with more elements, something like the K&H 2 Burner 12″ Built-in Induction Electric Stove Ceramic Cooktop, which has 2 burners.
The bottom line is that the IKEA Tillreada Induction Cooktop is a small and portable, fairly durable, fast-heating, and energy-efficient. For an induction cooktop, it does not even cost that much either.
- Duxtop Induction Cooktop uses 120V 15 amp electrical outlet - standard in all North American homes; lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage.
- Digital control panel. Built-in count-down digital timer with 1 minute increments up to 170 minutes; 10 temperature range from 140 °F to 460 °F; 10 power levels from 200 to 1800 Watts.
- With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn-on the glass cooktop so this induction burner is easy to clean—just wipe with a damp towel. Durable 7-blade fan rapidly dissipates heat to ensure a longer product life.
- The auto-pan detection will shut the unit automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware is detected; equipped with diagnostic error message system, low and high voltage warning system; ETL approved.
- Note: In order to use this and any other induction stove, you need to use cookware with a magnetic bottom, whose diameter is at least 5 inches. 2-year manufacturer's warranty, as well as customer service.
- MAKE ADJUSTMENTS ON-THE-FLY – The digital controls are easy to operate, and the response is immediate. Select from 6 convenient preset temperature settings or fine tune your own from 100°F - 500°F
- PRECISE TEMPERATURE CONTROL – With 45 precise temperatures, you can keep delicate sauces warm at 100°F to grilling a juicy steak with serious grill marks at 500°F. At the right temperature, your culinary creations will be perfect every time.
- FAST & EFFICIENT – Flex heats the pot directly without heating up the cooking elements first. Gas stovetops use open flame, which can be dangerous. Electric burners use exposed coils that fluctuate in temperature. Flex cooks faster with virtually no wasted heat and safer than any traditional stovetop.
- PERFECT FOR DORMS & RV’S – Flex is light-weight and portable. Its patented insulation technology brings the heating coils closer to your cookware than any other induction cooktop for faster and even heating. With 3 wattage settings of 600, 900 and 1300w.
- Practical and Portable: The highly versatile RapidTherm Induction Cooktop boasts 1800W of cooking power, and many smart features at your fingertips. ETL approved and operating at standard 120V, the lightweight electric cooktop is easy to handle and store and is the ideal size for RV’s, small apartments or anywhere you need an extra cooktop. With no hot coils or open flames, it’s the hassle-free way to create sumptuous dishes.
- Energy-Friendly: The powerful induction burner only heats the diameter of the pan, so no energy is wasted. Plus heat is instant and evenly distributed, cooking your food 50% faster than conventional gas or electric cooktops. Suitable for induction-ready cookware with flat ferrous bases (test with a magnet) such as cast iron, enameled steel, or magnetic stainless steel with base diameter between 4.8”-10.2”.
- Digital Control Panel: Swiftly choose between 4 preset programs: Hot Pot, Slow Cook, Boil and Keep Warm that will automatically switch off after cooking. Or, for maximum flexibility, make use of the 8 power levels (200-1800 Watts), wide temperature range (140-460°F), and handy extra-long 4 hour digital timer. Includes durable blade fan for overheat protection.
- Safe And Easy To Use: In order to use this and any other induction stove, you need to use cookware with a magnetic bottom. The auto-pan detection will shut the unit off automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware, or the incorrect cookware is detected. When you need to step away for a minute, use the Pause feature to temporarily stop cooking while locking in your cooking settings. When you’re all done, simply wipe with a damp cloth.
- Superior Quality With Mueller - We are here to offer you only the best quality products designed to make your life easier. If you need any help, please feel free to contact us. Our unparalleled 24/7 live telephone customer support is ready and waiting to assist with anything you need!
- EASY TO CLEAN: 6.4-inch Cast Iron flat cooking plate is nonstick and easy to clean with a damp cloth or non abrasive sponge
- ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE CONTROL: Quickly reach and sustain the desired LOW, MEDIUM or HIGH heat settings with the variable temperature knob to keep food warm or boil hot water.
- BUILT IN SAFETY: Power indicator light on the front of the burner reminds users when the item is powered ON; non skid feet ensures the burner remains stable during use.
- COMPACT & PORTABLE: The compact size of our burner makes it an easily accessible item to take on the go wherever an extra cooking device is needed, at school, office, camping trips or home.
- EFFICIENT POWER: With a wattage of 1000 Watts, the hot plate and individual temperature controls provides sufficient heat for all your cooking needs.
- Let the One Top do the Cooking With dual precision temperature tracking One Top takes the guesswork out of cooking
- Cooking Options Are
- Slow Cook Low & Slow with no extra hardware
- Pan Deep and Stir Fry Heat your pan faster and hold it at a precise temperature
- Sous Vide Hold liquid temperature within 1 degree